Two events were held during Asia-Pacific Forestry Week from February 22-26, 2016 in the Philippines.
1. Open Meeting (Stream 2): Innovative Tools for Sustainable Forest Management under Climate Change
When: Friday February 26th, 1:30-3:00pm
Where: Widus Hotel and Casino, Vegas 1 & 2
About: This meeting was open to all conference attendees and included presentations from our research team about the models, applications, and adaptation strategies developed in this project. Presentations included:
- Dr. John Innes: Introduction and overview of climate change and policy
- Dr. Tongli Wang: Climate modeling for the Asia-Pacific
- Dr. Brad Seely: Application of models and benefit to forest resource management
- Dr. Rod Keenan: Adaptation to climate change in the Asia-Pacific
- Dr. Guangyu Wang: Issues and solutions for SFM in Southeast Asia
2. Closed Meeting: Phase II Inception Workshop
When: Tuesday February 23rd, 3:30-6:30pm (PART I), Friday February 26th, 9:00am-12:30pm (PART II)
Where: Holiday Inn Clark, Yakal 1 & 2
About: This meeting was open to our research team, representatives from APFNet, and local partners from each Phase II pilot site. The meeting included presentations about how to succeed in Phase II of the project, as well as presentations and detailed discussion about research plans for each pilot site.